• General Information:
III. Allegro con moto
IV. Allegro con moto
• Composition: 1979–80. Walton withdrew the work, and the musical material was reworked into his brass band version of The First Shoot and the Prologo e fantasia.
• First Performance: Unknown. Probably never performed.
• Duration: About 10 minutes
• Instrumentation: Soprano cornet, 8 cornets, flugelhorn, 3 tenor horns, 2 baritone horns, 2 trombones, 2 euphonium, bass in E-flat, bass in B-flat – timpani, percussion (bass drum, side drum, tenor drum, cymbal, xylophone, tambourine)
• Manuscript: Frederick R. Koch Collection. Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Manuscript FRKF 612. Autograph full score. 45 pages.
• Publication: This work has never been published.
• Recordings: This work has never been recorded.