The William Walton Trust and the Fondazione William Walton e La Mortella have the following general objectives:
- To encourage, through the music of William Walton, educational projects in schools and develop the potential in young professional musicians at the start of their careers.
- To introduce the arts to the widest possible audiences, embracing all ages and abilities.
- To develop a wide range of Masterclasses covering all aspects of the arts under the guidance of leading professional artists, culminating in public performances when possible.
- To open the property La Mortella as performing arts and study centre for gifted young musicians in association with the world’s leading teachers.
- To aid research projects related to the life and work of William Walton and closely allied subjects.
- To preserve and to build the William Walton archive and museum at La Mortella
- To provide at La Mortella an ideal environment and opportunity for the work of promising young composers, landscape architects, horticulturists.
- To preserve, care and enhance the botanical garden of La Mortella in Ischia.
- To open the William Walton Museum and the garden of La Mortella with its important collection of tropical and Mediterranean plants to the general public.
- To favour the educational and didactic role of the garden focusing in particular on young generations, encouraging studies and educational courses on landscape architecture, garden design and horticulture.
- To build an open-air space for the performance of classical music, opera and ballet.